Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What comes next?

It's common for young adults about to graduate from college to be very nervous about the economic climate they are about to be plunged into. The way I see it, I would much rather go gain experience doing something I love, instead of starting at a low-level entry position in order to advance my (imagined) career in the future. I don't ever want to waste time doing a job I don't like.

I just applied to Au Pair in Paris next year after I get back from New Zealand in September. The French government requires you to have taken French lessons prior to your (over 3 months) long-term stay, which I thought was interesting. Regardless I signed up for an online French course and am trying to get all the papers in order before we leave for backpacking through Europe in June. The Peace Corps requires French speakers for several countries in Africa so hopefully this will help get me placed where I want to go. And did I mention I love kids?

Everyone always seems to get caught up on reasons why they can't do something instead of focusing energy on figuring out how to make it a reality. I really can't see life as anything other than an opportunity to experience as many things as possible.

I can't wait for this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates