Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Love Poem


I've noticed people like simple poetry. Those "I love you, you make my heart beat like a drum in my head. And I can't wait to bring you flowers, but you will place them on my grave because I can't imagine you leaving this earth before me so I will most definitely go first. And we will die in each other's arms, (But you will survive me) the end of our emotional obsession of course." But I don't get that, the baseness. GUILTY. It seems more truthful in an "I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I feel better when you say you love me, even when we haven't talked about any truths greater than you want to make out in your car." Kind of way.

In the same way we love to hate ourselves, we love to love ourselves. I told my best friend, the best thing I could think of doing, was drinking every beautiful thing I could, try to make this potion that will seep from my pours and bleed from my eyes when you look at me. If all I'm made up of is what I see, what I read, and what I think, then I control exactly what world I live in with that power of perception.

What are you doing? 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What am I doing? . . . I'm trying To Be the sum of my parts that aren't quanti- or quali-fiable . . . that can be sensed only by and with intuition . . . things that can't be seen or touched, things that none of the five senses can grasp . . . (Scott) When will you escape LA . . . get to Oz? :)

Unknown said...

EXACTLY! That was a perfect sentence. Run on. Run along. We leave in a week, but not in Oz for a month! More cities to see :) More people to be.

Anonymous said...

Try to get to Santa Barbara . . . lived there for most of my life . . . still keep surfboards there . . . fall is Prime Time for Santa Barbara . . . You'll BE someone there you've never been :) Safe Travels, Sam (Scott)

Unknown said...

Love that. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

And a Santa Barbara P.S. . . . I think an Ideal venue for your yoga videos would be on the lawn across the street from the Santa Barbara Mission. It is known as The Queen of the Missions, and for great reason. The view from the lawn is stunning - to the ocean and across it, 25 miles, to Santa Cruz Island, and if it's clear there are several other islands.

AND, on the side of the lawn opposite the mission, is a rose garden, and it is Exceptional.
:)

Anonymous said...

What's up, yup this piece of writing is genuinely good and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging. thanks.
My web site > planetside 2 cheats

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates