Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Boys (II Men)

Like that time we puzzled pieced ourselves together on that couch that was so small (your head on my stomach, you stayed up all night). Or when I woke up and it was the morning and the first thing I felt was your hand clearing my face of fallen hair that overwhelms me in my sleep (afraid I would suffocate?). They tend to kiss me on my forehead while they think I'm sleeping. You weren't listening to a single word I said (I hope you weren't). Wine made no sense. And I didn't know what was going to come into being next, falling from my lips, coming together like sparks from that big bang. It didn't matter (matter). I smoked cigarettes in your car while you looked at me like I was insane or beautiful(?) Or beautifully insane. And you. I remember you. Opening my eyes, yours hanging six inches away, looking over a sleeping animal (it was really very peaceful), and I thought that was exactly what being in love was.

I remember their eyes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates