Monday, August 13, 2012

TexasAustin


What a trip. Ended up with lost friends, in exactly the right place. And we're both alive. Don't even remember what it's like to sleep in a bed without you. Six months since we jumped off together. Six more until we see your faces. None of those plans worked out, but everything that fell together in the aftermath blew our minds. What a trip, we saw a meteor shower down in the deep, laying on rocks and none of us moved. The clouds rolled in and we saw the inconsistency and it reminded me of life. We saw the clay pots and the easels, and a man with a face that said be careful. How many bellies did we fill on crumbs in that market? We feel you all the time. I was scared last night and instead of sending anxiety, I tried to send hope and warmth from my body. Remember when I told you I sat alone at eleven and knew all my own flaws? You told me to hold your hand like a friend. And I felt you kiss me on the forehead. But we're in Austin, Texas. Everything behind us lives inside our bodies and who will know the difference after the towns have passed that know our faces? I've noticed we get low to the ground when we need to feel safe. If you could let go of everything you are and choose who you wanted to be, what would you do with it? We'll keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates