Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fear of Spiders

 Everyone told me India was going to change me but all I can see so far is the smell of my sweat and how it reeks of India. That I'm terrified of the spiders the size of my unclenched fist in the hole in the floor that's supposed to be a bathroom but I think it's more the spiders in my head that make me want to cry. I'm frustrated that I've already cried more times that I'm proud to say and I still can't do a fucking handstand. My boyfriend's sick and even through all the fucking meditation and chanting mantras I can't fucking understand, we're fighting. And the only thing I can figure out to do is stay. Stay with the frustration and sadness and my stupid ego I can still hear in the back of my head. I guess I'll just sit here in silence until I can figure out what to do next.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Sammie please text me so we can talk. Don't be afraid to just book a flight home if that is what needs to be done. Let me know if you need the money...I'll make sure you guys get it. Love you both...please contact me. Love you always and forever! Mom

Tess said...

I love you. You are so strong and made the choice to go there to explore. To explore all of it. Even the darkness. If you think that this is not going to be healthy for you, then leave. If you are starting to face some demons... then stay. Grow. The spiders may be frightening, but make friends with them... they eat the parasites and harmful things. Internally and externally. I love you so so much and please please text me. I have my own darkness I'm dealing with, and having you as a friend makes it more tolerable. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Dharamsala is a notorious place for illness . . . sickness . . . physical/mental/emotional . . . Dharamsala doesn't seem to care. I got pneumonia there (February/March) and an Angel, a literal/human Angel saved me. Angels are there :) . . . Outside . . . Inside, they are there. And don't give up on India yet . . . it is "going to" change you . . . it is changing you Now. As I've always told people about India: You may love it, you may hate it, but you'll never again be the same for having gone. Om Shanti, Sam. Peace. Scott

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates