Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Home Sick?


   For the first time in my life I'm actually longing for home while away. Despite the fact that we are in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, I can't stop thinking about all the people I miss at home. This isn't meant to be dramatic because I'm so excited to have another two weeks left but it's the first time I haven't felt the same comfort in being lost that most people get from the security of home. I want to hug my boyfriend and my mom. I miss my bike and boys and I can't believe I'm even admitting to this strange feeling of home sickness. I suppose it's healthy but for now it's good to concentrate on our awesome adventure ahead, and all the wonderful people yet to meet.

   We have had so many wonderful experiences and made so many friends already, it's really unbelievable. The last two days we hauled trees in a lumberyard and today we worked as pizza and cake-makers in the kitchen. It's always a new adventure out here and every moment I spend looking on the lake, makes me feel like I'm in a dream world. I just really like my own reality too.

-missing home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates