Saturday, January 15, 2011

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Samantha Vetrano. I am a 21 year old female studying government at The University of Texas in the city of Austin. I moved to Texas my sophomore year after attending one year at a state school an hour south of my hometown in New Jersey. My first goal after graduation this upcoming May is to be accepted into the Peace Corps and serve in either Africa or Latin America teaching english. I've been living a constant experiment since the start of my college career in order to determine if a life guided by personal passions and morals can be properly channeled into my ultimate pursuit of fulfillment and wisdom in a society that tends to demand conformity and squash optimism. My theory is that every experience you have can bring you closer to a larger understanding and in order to really live a life, you must free yourself from every thought that hinders you. It seems that if you understand basic principles of living, the unimportant things seems less relevant and have less impact on your experiences. Your reality is how you perceive the outside world and being able to see beauty and solutions instead of the walls and ugliness put you in the position to live a happy life and leave you optimistic enough to try and solve issues ailing others. Updates will come daily. This is my journey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates