Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Dreamer

I'm reading: The Iliad, Politics in China, The Republic, and The Evolution of Cooperation. I guess since these are mostly from government courses you could say they had a lot in common. We'll you'd be right.

Book after book, chapter after chapter I keep reading about people trying to figure out how to work together to make their lives better. How we can organize ourselves in a way to keep us going. Keep humans evolving and progressing and growing. It's really beautiful.

I had to write a paper on my own example of a Prisoner's Dilemma. You can look at that here: SAM'S PD GAME (My Mom and Grandma read this blog.)

Does it pay to be selfish and manipulative or is what is best for everyone, what is best for every one. Quoted from a random source I read off the web the other day: "Species that eat each other do not survive." Letting some exploit the rest, and the environment for short term profits and long term greed is going to kill us all. Working together, becoming smarter, and healthier, and more productive makes humanity better as a whole which brings more ideas, more innovations, more medications, more understanding. That is what makes rational sense, and that is how we should behave. Read: The Evolution of Cooperation if you want to see how working together is beneficial towards everything and why it is the rational choice.

P.S. My baby sister is an amazing human being and I want her to know how much I love her. I want this world to be better for her and all the other people I love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates