Thursday, February 3, 2011

The People.

I love talking to people. People are so beautiful and different. For the majority of my life I've been so self-conscious of what I said, how I said it, and how it was received that I was hardly ever simply myself. Maybe it's the thought of graduating or the bigger dreams that have materialized recently but I just could not be bothered with the mask anymore. This is me, take it or leave it. The beautiful part is, I am proud to show you who I am. I feel aligned, as if I'm finally living and working towards a life that is in accordance with how I envision the world. It doesn't need to suit you or please you, but I want to create a ripple and shine light on anyone in need of some warmth. I come bearing gifts.

The begininning of Plato's Republic begins with Socrates and his elderly host. Socrates asks the man questions about death, and when the old man says the most comforting thing in old age is having good character, Socrates asks if being rich had more to do with his peace than it was being credited. This may be true, it may be easy to see a bowl full of cherries while I write on my Mac laptop laying on my cozy bed in Austin, Texas, but you've got to work with what you've got. And in my case it happens to be a lot. So let me share with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates