Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My whole heart.

I've been thinking a lot about love recently and how I've never fallen in the way we're thought to experience it. The notion that it only occurs in fairytale romances as a final pinacle in a series of steps. Having never fallen, I couldn't understand while during my whole trip in Ireland, I felt so deeply entangled in love.

I had the chance to see two of my best friends Aisling and Sarah, and every moment I was with them it felt like this circle of warmth, understanding and love grew.

My other friends are living in this massive, beautiful house right near my old campus and they ended up letting me crash there almost every night.

A large group of boys live there, including an ex boyfriend I met last year. The first few nights I stayed only two of the lads (ha) were around for the weekend. I knew one from the year before but the second was a brother of a friend and this was the first time I met him. Every morning they woke me up with a cup of coffee or we stood around the kitchen table rambling and laughing, I felt as if I was falling in love. I kept thinking of how they were truly some of the best men/friends I've ever met, and that I loved them.

That brings me to my ex (Who might read this, so haaaay boy :D). I hadn't seen him in a year and wasn't sure at all what to expect. From the moment I saw him at the airport to the kiss right before I got in a cab to leave, everything was sweet and simple. There was no mask, no act, and it made me feel beautiful. Every hug, conversation and smile happened in this organic way and it was an experience I don't think I'll ever forget.

It all hit me after leaving in a whirl of half-drunken conflict with my ex, as I sat on the floor in the Dublin airport and began breaking out in tears every few moments. A slideshow of memories streamed through my mind and not sure if I was more happy or sad. It all makes me think maybe I have fallen in love, but not in the way we're sold to understand it, but in a real and truer sense of the word. Please don't miss out on it, it's what gives life purpose and grace. I can't think of anything more beautiful than the feelings those people gave me. I love you more than I could ever explain to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates