Monday, January 16, 2012

String of Life.

I cuddled on couches with lots of candles and wine and music playing with my friends all day yesterday. (Happy Sunday!) We were talking about everything and a subject I've been thinking about a lot recently came up. Bobby was describing his search for those moments when he feels what he described as "magic" with other people. (He's poetic.) But what I believe he was talking about is that moment of blissful connection or intense bond you can make with another person where you really see a genuine piece of them, or you understand each other in a way that seems pure and simple.

By Hengki Koentjoro
I've realized how important these moments and connections are to me recently; I think it's in relation to gratitude for the people in my life and the overwhelming amount of moments I have that make me feel like this on a regular basis. (Very lucky human.)

I was driving MacKenzie home from the airport the other day and Gary decided to surprise her by waiting down the street from the airport. When my mom heard about it the first thing she said was, "You guys really love each other." We do. It's something we actively try to do, love each other and help each other, as much as we can. And these  moments come more freely.

Human bonds and connections are so important and it seems like you can get those moments of wholeness and interconnectedness not only from people, but from instances of intense beauty, (I can remember feeling like this when standing over a beautiful view of Rome.) when you are more fully aware of all the wonder that you are apart of and exist within. These string of moments are what makes it all worth living through. The struggle isn't so bad because it will always bring you back to one of those moments that makes you remember how wonderful it is to be alive and conscience of your own reality and experiences. Or as Bobby said yesterday, "I'm so lucky I'm alive and can listen to music." Simple.

Seek and appreciate those things that give you that feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates