Sunday, March 4, 2012

Adapt or Die.



Some situations just force you to grow up. For some reason I always think of the Holocaust when I think of human behavioral mutation. This is because it's baffling to me to think which parts of human behavior would immerse in that kind of situation. Does man become Good or Evil, or does it depend on there genes and past experiences? Anyway, what I'm getting to is...living in a one bedroom apartment in the middle of Manhattan with four girls. It's absurd watching each of us adapt and grow out of necessity. We will either figure out how to survive or die. Adapt or die. I think this is a great lesson in evolution and growth. We've heard that the most successful species "adapt or die," but it's far more applicable than that.

In your everyday life, you must change and work through situations or be crushed by them. This can all go back to my thought of all life as continual lessons. I choose to call them lessons, because if I'm not learning from them then I'm stagnant, and nothing will change and life will remain the same and so with my perception of it. But the point is to have new and deeper experiences and to better be able to handle the instability of life.

It's so interesting watching each of us working through our daily problems while working through 40-60 hour work weeks, barely sleeping with aching feet and very little patience. The funny thing is, I've never seen such beauty and maturity out of any one of them as I have in the past few weeks. It seems like when it was absolutely necessary to be mature and problem solvers, that part of us emerged. I can see us each changing every day in many ways, and I wonder who we'll be at the end of this experience.

More soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates