Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lullaby


Sleep sound my darling boy, I hope you are more comforted than I in this bed tonight. You can see into my heart because language doesn't make as much sense to you. Lovers and children, and children and lovers, they see to the soul as clearly as looking through glass. Their beauty in their simplicity.

I can't believe among all the rubble these feelings (feelings?) are still there and still so strong and clear. I look back over the last couple months and I see a different person who has emerged. And this is what my mind sees when I rescue a cat from a tree with a tiny red fire truck.

New York, New York. You have changed my whole world. Stronger, darker, smarter; so completely stripped. Bare. But that pin through my heart I can still feel. More than ever the farther I dance (or trudge) away.

I don't know if I'm in the clouds or fastened to this concrete ground.

I'll try to hold this little boy and find the words to some lullaby I haven't heard since I was a child and my mind floats away from me. I wonder if this spell will break or if this is my reality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates