Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Socrates Sculpture Park


Life is so good. I woke up this morning: Had my first day off in over a week, went to the market and got some food, dropped off our laundry, and came back to the apartment. I love walking around Queens. It's beautiful, it's real New York and the sun shone all morning. Our new roommates are unreal. They're both so different but so interesting and we can't wait to know them better. We're so lucky. I think one of my roommates is going to help feed my frozen yogurt addiction, since we've done most of our bonding while at 16 Handles (this amazing froyo place). Later after my other roommate told me he wanted to take me on a "Welcome to Astoria" day, we walked around town with his friends which ended up at the Socrates Sculpture Park overlooking Manhattan at sunset. Really? Is my life real? It was beautiful. It feels like moving to Austin all over again. Amazing people, an amazing city and endless new adventure. I'm so happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates