Sunday, July 15, 2012

Staring Down the Devil


No, I'm not faking this face I'm making. I can't muster up enough strength to pretend to look any other way. We juiced. I remember "not being able to manipulate thought to filter for the different people." There was no spare energy to distort. What you see is what you get. And what is thought is my full expression. Now on a constant state of that calm vibration. Not angry, but soaking in reality. Why do you make that face my brother? Can you see mine? There's nothing to hide. But what you are. And being defined by those things you do.

Those things you do.

And I see you. Are you lost? Do you feel anxious about what you're becoming? Are you scared of being so young? And being so far. Oh, I watch you try to control that future. In that futile battle that will never be won.

So I'm concentrating on my breath. And I'm concentrating on my thoughts. Watching what blooms and festers and staring them in the eyes. Staring the Devil down.

3 comments:

Life in the now said...

"So I'm concentrating on my breath. And I'm concentrating on my thoughts. Watching what blooms and festers and staring them in the eyes. Staring the Devil down."

Wow. That gave me some chills... Beautifully written.

Unknown said...

:) It's so good to hear from you. I'm glad you liked it.

Life in the now said...

as well as you! I hope everything is going well. It seems like 10 years ago when you were in central park chillin' with your son.

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates