Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lesson #2 The Power of Love.

Between graduation, family reunions and first time meetings, new jobs and losing a passport 6 days before a European adventure; love and it's power were ever so relevant this month.

By seifracing
This first became apparent to me when my sister and friends continuously help keep in tact what little was left of my sanity as the whirlwind of graduation ensued. The patience and concern they showed me as I consistently stressed and lost control, completely blindsided me. I knew they loved me (as I do them), but the degree in which they all spent time and effort into making my week a more survivable one, made me stop and realize how amazing my life is because of these people.

LOVE IS SO AMAZING. It can turn a day from stormy to sunshine. And the people I love do that everyday.

I mailed my passport in a moving box to New Jersey without thinking, 6 days before my flight to Barcelona. FEAR NOT; Malea rushed over as soon as I called her sobbing and offered to drive me 3 hours away to Houston to expedite a new one. No questions asked. Morgan's mom had already ran to the post office to assess the situation.

Where would I be without these people?

After waking at 4am to go to Houston, spending the day running around the city, I finally got home to realize I had forgotten my computer charger across town right before my 11pm "online" shift. I dragged myself onto a bus for two hours instead of taking a nap and was obviously worn out. I must have been making the most pathetic face because as we paused on Congress at a stop, the Jamba Juice man came outside and began motioning at me to SMILE.

HOW AMAZING IS THAT? What a simple yet wonderful act of kindness that absolutely brightened my entire night! It was chaotic and beautiful few weeks.

FIND THE BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates