Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ladder to the Stars

So, I have new motivation to make some positive changes in my life. First off, I'm a pretzel and processed carb ADDICT. I end up running everyday, not eating immediately after and two hours later, eating a half bag of pretzels or wheat thins or something of the sort. My sugar addiction has gotten out of control too, I end up eating at least one ridiculous candy/sweet/baked good every night when the cravings start (usually around 8 at night). Sometimes I wake up in the morning craving chocolate. Actually, often I wake up in the morning craving sugar. This seems like a serious problem to me. I've been running for 45-60 minutes 6 times a week for the past month and it seems like nothing has come of it. I'm guessing it's the carbs.

Anyway, starting today I'm making a deal with myself, no more processed carbs/excess sugars, no more occasional cigarettes, and more yoga. I also want to start drinking more water. We'll see how this goes. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ramen and ice cream are core food groups in my night-time diet; they are sneaky, delicious food ninjas that kill my healthy dreams. If I just take cravings as they come, I tend to give in (I'm Superman for the first couple, but I swear this stuff is kryptonite). I've tried a long time to outsmart em', but I'm too good at finding ways and reasons to get something I really want for that to work, so now I'm trying out-stupid them: I've taken to reminding myself, when night falls, that the ninjas are coming. Seriously. Like any urge, just anticipating a craving makes it way less of a pain to deal with; ninjas are easier to defeat when they don't surprise you (it's science).

It's silly, it's stupid, and thus it's effective. Hope it helps.

Unknown said...

I could always use some silly advice :) Thank you!

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates