Friday, December 30, 2011

Take for Granted

I was laying on my bed this morning reading "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand listening to this when it occurred to me how outrageously good I had it. I can't believe I don't think about this more often. Granted I definitely acknowledge good days (especially good mornings) but I don't think I ever properly sit and think about the fact that I have such a privileged life. It's Christmas break and I have the luxury of not working for a few days, but really, I get to have mornings like this all the time. My parents have given me the freedom to work the jobs I want to work and not asking much of me besides being happy. So many of my friends are forced into jobs and careers that they don't even like for various reasons. Besides that, I have a warm home and bed in the first place. I can see out my window the beautiful neighborhood I grew up in, smell the incense burning next to me and have a fresh cup of coffee to my right. I have the best people all around me everyday and have a wonderful family.

MacKenzie and I were talking the other day about there being no one in the world we would switch lives with. We really do have everything anyone could want and I'm happy at least we recognize it.

What more could a human need? What is there to be unhappy about? I can't find a single reason. All of my senses are engaged and no one's demanding a single thing from me. Is this really my life? Why am I so lucky? I'm not exactly sure but I plan on enjoying every minute of it.

I hope you're lucky enough to have some beautiful people and things in your life and the ability to be grateful for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates