Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Safe and Warm.


The thing is, I really like sleeping. I think of those moments that are frozen in my head and so many are right before I drift to sleep. Right now, I think of all the stories I read to you, and how you reach out your tiny hand to make sure I'm still within reach. I always am. Sometimes when you're sleeping you roll your little body all the way to me just to fit it into mine.

I remember laying in bed with you when I was a child, and fitting my face into your chest and feeling safe. I remember not being able to sleep unless you were lying next to me.

And now I like sleeping best with you. Because that's what you do. Your body makes me feel safe. Your arms make me feel safe. Your breathing makes me feel safe.

The way I watch your tiny arms around your pillow or teddy. I understand.

Safe and warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates