Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Live On


I'm alone thinking I was absolutely going to want to write. Instead, I'm sitting on my bed thinking about sleeping and letting my head jump from thought to thought like a monkey in a cage. And then all of a sudden it hit me, calm the mind, calm the soul; birthed is clarity. Anyway, there's so much joy now. My beloved friend is having a baby, and a wedding and a family and a new home and a new life. (Holy shit.) I bake, and laugh, and play with babies, and think, and run, and drive. And those are my favorite things. I forgot about love. Overwhelming love. From moments when you walk by (dying), to seconds that fleet with only trail of life and it's opportunities and gifts resonating in the molecules. Hello new year, I can't wait to meet you! Your elder was good to me, even with the writhing. (With the pain was growth.) EVERY YEAR IS BETTER. And I am happy. And I am alive. And I can't wait to keep doing this thing, called life. I feel it throughout my bones, and I tell you I feel alive. Through it all, through the money and the dead broke, through the beds and the agony of shattered hearts, from ocean to white coldness, from floors to boats to planes to feet on the ground. With good intentions and the sun as my father, I live on.

2 comments:

Paul Kelly said...

You've so much positivity in that head of yours, it's a pleasure to behold!

Unknown said...

How much aliveness to feel!

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates