Tuesday, December 4, 2012

On Our Road.


Today's our last day in Hawaii. (PANIC) It's only okay because now this place is so apart of me that I'll never truly be without it. And I know I'll be back. Like Austin, it's become one of those places I'll always return to because they help me become a better expression of my inner self. Every day here is so beautiful and wild and free, that weeks seem like seconds and it's always over far too soon.

I'm staring out the open door and the brightly painted houses hiding in palm trees and wild bush and I just want to hug myself it makes me so happy. The sounds, the ocean (I can hear it from everywhere), the sky, and how amazingly clear and all encompassing it is! This tiny little rock in the middle of the Pacific. (How come I've never felt more grounded?) I'm home.

I leave tomorrow for Los Angeles. My best friend and I are driving up to San Fran for the weekend and I couldn't imagine going home for Christmas without stopping in to see my other home, with my Nellie. (She's my home, more than the place. Her.) Safety, safely. I love. Then I leave for New Orleans, which I'm so excited for. Then finally!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! Home for Christmas, to hug my family and have a mini winter.

We fly back to Australia January 8th. To finish our adventure. Or to continue living our life. Back on our road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam, this is NUTS! So here I am in Hailey, Idaho (winter is well on the way, ski mountain producing epic powder the last few days) . . . doing what I do in Idaho, watch surfing . . . watching the Vans event from Sunset beach . . . and YOU were on a short clip!! Crazy . . . I saw McKenzie first, knowing you must be close by, I just looked to Mc's left . . . and there you were!! You waved!! Safe travels Darlin'! - Namaste - Scott

Unknown said...

SO COOL!!! Yeah we saw we were on the screen at the beach, wasn't sure if anyone would see!!! So happy you caught it :D

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates