Friday, December 14, 2012

I'm Home



I'm home. (Close, and I've gotten so used to cleaning random apartments.) I'm sitting on my brother's couch with a huge blanket wrapped all around me. And I feel so good being so cold. My fingertips froze last night in an over-sized sweatshirt my brother had given me so I can hold my beer and stand in the almost freezing weather outside the football stadium. (The boys are so distinctly Philadelphia.) Facial scruff and snow caps, big jackets, loud mouths. My daddy called me, there's gas in my car and my bed's waiting for me. Oh, what lovely things! Clean clothes and fresh shoes. Ä whole room and my backpack retires to the corner for a month. (It needs to air out.) The faces I need to see, the bodies I need to wrap my arms around! Oh, how good it feels to be home.

1 comments:

Ash said...

Yeah glad your there safe and sound :) Say Hello to fam from me :D

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates