Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lesson #10 Less is More

My Macbook broke yesterday. I would mind, but now I'm thinking I can sell it and make a few Euros while lessening my load. That's definitely the lesson of this entry. YOU DON'T NEED AS MUCH AS YOU THINK. This can be applied to European food portions (and how much less they are compared to their American counterparts), their tiny coffees, or how many possessions you need on a journey, whether it be for a month or your entire life.



The girls made fun of me when I was about to die carrying my backpack and gasped "WHY DO WE NEED MORE POSSESSIONS THAN WE CAN CARRY," but I was SO serious. I understand certain limitations to this "rule of thumb," but I think it makes a lot of logial sense to just own less. I think it's true that the possessions you own, end up owning you. Thanks Fightclub for your never ending wisdom.

P.S. Italy is amazing, I'm currently set on retiring here. More later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates