Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lesson # 12 The Road Not Taken.

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/vatican-city-photos/
I was fortunate enough to be able to come to Rome about a year ago. I marvelled at all the typical sites, the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican, and the Colloseum. On this trip, I wanted to come back because Rome has been one of those places in my life that has made me feel most alive, with the beauty and history lingering around every corner, you cannot help but fall in love. When we got to the Vatican this time around, the 3 hour line made Ava and Malea opt out. We decided to go walk around, explore the city a little. We had seen a big green area on the map really close to the Vatican and decided to check it out, hoping it was some sort of park. After hiking up a long, steep hill to reach the top, we realized we could see the entire city from above. After getting ice cream cones and finding a cozy place to park our tired bums, we sat upon the hill watching all of Rome. It was one of my favorite experiences of the entire trip. I heard the Pope was shaking hands that day down below at the Vatican, I think we made a good choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates