Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fresh Eyes

My friend Aisling is visiting me from Galway, Ireland. It's been so wonderful. We've been doing so many things that have made me appreciate where I live and see it in a new way. It's so easy to take for granted the people and things in your life that make it unique and beautiful. We've been to Philly, where she ate her eat her first cheesesteak, the beach, wine tasting, and today we're going pumpkin picking before she leaves for NYC tomorrow. Not only has she opened my eyes and let me appreciate how wonderful a place central Jersey can be, but she's also helped me see my life more clearly.


It feels very healthy to have an outside perspective shine light on my new life here in Jersey. Loving and new insights tend to be unbiased and emotionally invested in all the engulfs those on the inside in their the daily lives. In some ways she made me appreciate those closest to me even more, by seeing them as beautifully as I do and pointing out how special and wonderful they are. But what she's given me most is a more realistic view on my life, the good, the bad, and everything in between. She also helped me remember all the things I still need to do and all the dreams I still want to accomplish.

I love looking at all the pictures of Aisling and I, because they span two continents and a handful of countries and experiences. You're lucky if you meet one person who is as beautiful of a friend as I've found in my Irish roommate. I'm a lucky girl.

4 comments:

Katie Killilea said...

That is such a sweet blog! I completely agree with you about being a lucky friend. She's one in a million. :)

Unknown said...

You are so sweet, I can't wait to see you sometime in the near future :) Hear lots about your life with Ash here. She is great.

Ash said...

I LOVE YOU & WILL BE BACK xxx

Unknown said...

Miss ya already darling :)

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates