Monday, October 24, 2011

The Real World.


She convinced me she was in love. She convinced me she was growing. I flew home to see if it was true. I fell in love almost as fast as she did. Nervous in an old shop listening to four changing young men make beauty which seemed to pour out of their eyes and fingers. You never knew how to talk. But you talked to me. And it was about things that matter and things that made me wrap heart strings around you and never want you to be far away again. You were as close to the person you pretended to be as I had ever seen before. I tried to fly. I couldn't. Then I tried to run away again, and I saw her face and stopped. We made our first dream come true. We had a 24 hour flight to the land of magic and long bus rides and dirty clothes. I loved you so much, blood had nothing to do with it. You were my mother and my sister and my best friend and I tried to be my mother so I could love you better. I love so many God damn people, but you are not other, you are me. I am you. I watched you grow into a flower and promised to help you grow straight. I watched you learn how to speak and sometimes looking at you felt like looking in a mirror. My mother knew each of you were the reason I was coming home, and she loved you for that. My father was happy and I saw him trying and I softened because of it. Everyday I wake up in a rainbow with crayons laying on the ground and don't feel right sleeping until I kiss every one of you.

2 comments:

Adele said...

beautiful. that's something you know well sam, beauty.

Unknown said...

How did I get so lucky, to meet a friend like you?

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates