Friday, October 14, 2011

What is a good person?

Someone told me once that being a good person was being able to deal with many different kinds of people. I didn't get this at first. But every time I try to put it to the test, it seems to hold true. What a better definition of a "good person," then one who can love and have patience for all kinds of people? Finding parts of yourself in others and trying to empathize is so hard sometimes. The more I learn to love myself, the more naturally loving others becomes. It's easier to see the good in them because I want to see it. It seems like the more you treat people the way you want to see them, the more they become what you project. See beauty.

2 comments:

Scott Hartman said...

That's IT, Sam . . . you're sounding like a Traveler now :) Travel is the best education I've ever had . . . people is the subject; what better place to meet them - and of all flavors - than On The Road

Unknown said...

I think the best lessons I learned in college came from my travels, not class.

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates