Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dear Turkey.


Turkey,

All I'm asking for is a balcony and some strong coffee (Yes, I've read about you) so I can sit in the sun in the morning. Istanbul I've seen the map and I know about your beaches and bright skies. If it's not too much to ask for some flowers, those are very much missed in this desert. I've seen your buildings and your beautiful sea and I really don't mind if your hotels are small and there are no indoor pools, because I want to swim in your ocean and walk on your streets. Room service is not necessary, I've seen the fruit trees.

I'll see you in a few hours.

Love,
Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, Scott here . . . I'm really enjoying your Turkey photos, I think you were "called" there for me :) A few months ago I unearthed an Old Dream, one born many moons ago, and with a little reviving, it's come to Life again.

While spending a month on a canal barge south of Paris, those many moons ago, I put together the charts I had and discovered that it is possible to go from Amsterdam to the Black Sea, through the Bosporus, past Istanbul and into the Sea of Marmara (and beyond:) without leaving a canal or river . . . so I said to myself . . . "Hmmm . . . ." and have now tooled that Dream down to putting a sea kayak in on the upper Danube with the destination as Istanbul . . . and beyond . . .

Keep sending those great photos . . .

Peace

Unknown said...

WOW. Wow.

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates