Saturday, June 2, 2012

Life on an Airplane.


I watched three men serenade a crying baby to sleep on the bus last night.
It was beautiful.
I smiled, but no one was looking.

People would kill for this hotel room.
But I would kill for my sister to be in it.

Hotel to hotel to bus to bus to plane to plane.
With crying babies who can't eat any of the food.
Room service brings us.
And stay up until dawn.

Now I see, everything you could possibly,
Ever want?

And how I have everything I already need.
And how it has nothing to do.
With any of these things.
Or which tag is on my luggage.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Everything you will ever need is waiting for you here at home. Enjoy where you are and what you are doing because soon you will travel yet again. Home isn't going anywhere...only you are. We all love you Sam and we know you love us. Smile and be safe. Mom

Anonymous said...

HI Sam, Scott here . . . Mom's . . . don't Mom's always know what to say?!

I spent a lot of time traveling in my profession - personal chef - thinking now of one particular position: horse/polo country in Virginia, 3000 acre piece of land . . . my own house was 8000 sq. ft. . . . I had my own indoor lap pool . . . more money than I've ever made . . . after six months I got a call from California (Santa Barbara, my "Home"), from a friend dying of cancer . . . he wanted me to cook for him for his last nine months . . . I dropped Virginia like a hot scone . . . went Home . . . to help my friend go Home . . .

Song for you: "Coming Up Close" by Aimee Mann . . .

Safe travels, Sam

Unknown said...

That's the best story I've ever heard. Thank you for sharing. I love you too Mommy!

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates