Sunday, October 7, 2012

All in My Head



I laid on the top of my bunk bed and listened to you for the first time the other night. Just me and you and my eyelids. And I kept wondering why I was in the same place on a different continent. It made me feel sad. And not the sad, where you feel bad for yourself but that aching sad, that one where your heart feels heavy. I'm dragging it around. It's funny she said it's so outside of people's minds, that thing we're doing. But it's the same old shit, that same reality when you wake up and there's the sun and the people are doing that same drinking and smoking and laughing and loving thing. That trying to get outside of their own mind thing. No matter where on Earth you wake up. And I'm not looking for anything anymore because I know there's nothing to find. It's all in my head.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote this to a woman/for/about a woman many moons ago . . .

Everywhere I go
there I am. Everywhere I am
there you are.

Safe travels, Sam; In the world and in your head.
Peace
Scott

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates