Friday, October 12, 2012

Dirty Dishes


I just had the best day at work. Sometimes I forget to just concentrate at what I'm doing at every point throughout the day, because that's how you find contentment. You don't rush through parts to get to the greener grass, you settle in where you are. Anyway, today I got called into work. I work at a tiny cafe and it's usually just me and the owner running the entire place. Today we had a huge party come in and had another waitress working the front. So my boss asked me to come work the kitchen with him. Just me and this tiny Chinese man. I cooked. And I cleaned. I've never worked in a kitchen before, and I don't think I've ever felt so satisfied after a days work. I love cooking, and I love cleaning and when I simplified what I was doing down to that, I found it so easy to enjoy my day. I had a wonderful Friday, I hope you did too. Don't underestimate your dirty dishes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, Sam. I worked in kitchens for much of my life . . . and have never, ever, underestimated the power of dirty dishes. Good Zen work . . . Walk on . . .

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates