Saturday, October 20, 2012

It feels like Growing Up.


It feels like growing up. Like each day that I spend here or there has taught me this vital lesson I would have struggled to grasp if I hadn't been desperately chasing after it across the hemispheres. But I don't need to be physically chasing that thing anymore. My feet will always wander, for that I am sure. But running away from myself has lost its zeal. You never find what you are searching for by searching, in having this end goal so well defined you miss the point in everything you learn along the way. For that is the point, everything you learn along the way. I did not set out on this journey to kill my rambling soul or like of adventure but I grew to understand adventure and restlessness have less to do with where you are and more to do with what you're perceiving. The way I yearn for familiar arms and trees is the same as I once did for distant lands and far away kingdoms. That sense of awe does not only come from new experiences so far away but from viewing every experience with that gratitude of uniqueness and beauty. You can find that beauty in anything. I long for my home. In my heart and under my feet.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Tears in my eyes
I long for you to be here.
Come home.
I will wrap you in my arms
and warm you with my heart.
My Love waits for you.
Mom

Unknown said...

Don't cry! I'll see you soon and it'll be Christmas! How magical!

Anonymous said...

Read this years ago . . . "What you find cannot be found by Seeking. But only Seekers find it." Namaste. Scott

Anonymous said...

It is up to each of us, I think - those of us who wander, who walk, who run - to decide if we are running away from something or running to something . . . it matters little anyway; on a round world, if we keep running, we'll get back to where we came from . . . and perhaps only upon arrival, find the answer to our own particular question. Namaste. Scott

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates