Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Contagious Love


I was listening to a middle school girl tell me she woke up her slumber party to show them the pretty sunrise we talk about in the morning. She wanted them to see it too. I got the same feeling as when I carried a two year old boy on to a balcony overlooking Central Park and he exclaimed, "Look at how beautiful it is!" We talked about it all the time. And then there was this time I was staring at this rambunctious baby girl who was dragging me up and down and I stopped to stare at her beautiful face. It was that moment when I realized I loved loving her, even when she drove me crazy. And noticed she smiled every time I smiled at her first. Even though none of our other words were translated. I make sure I slow my breathing when babies are resting on my chest, so they're calmed by my slow heart beat. Because I think it is, this Love is contagious. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates