Friday, January 18, 2013

What Would YOU Do With A Second Chance In Life?

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something -- your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." -- Steve Jobs

In 2004, I was working on Wall Street, researching stocks for hedge funds, living a stressful life in New York City. It was a way of life I had always known, but on Dec. 26, 2004, my life changed forever. That day, the tsunami struck Asia, killing hundreds of thousands of people. I learned that the resort I was scheduled to visit just three days later, Charlie's Beach Resort in Koh Phi Phi, had been completely wiped out, with no survivors. It made me deeply question the way I was living. I wondered, "What would I do with a second chance in life?"

A month later, I went to a yoga retreat in Costa Rica called Pura Vida. I was interested in learning more about yoga. After I took a private yoga class, one of the teachers suggested that I look into the Nosara Yoga Institute for teacher training.

Read On

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates