Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And then I turned 23.


I turned twenty-two.
In Austin, Texas.
I walked across a stage,
and was handed a diploma.
And backpacked from Barcelona to Sorrento.
I followed my sister back home.
And then fell in love.
(& in love with 4 and 2.)
I rode a bus all over New Zealand.
(With a flannel and my best friend.)
I broke my heart.
And then broke it again.
I cried some.
And then cried some again.
I picked up and left.
Swore to God that I was through.
And lived in a kitchen.
New York City with forty bucks.
Was a waitress in bowling alley.
And moved in to Queens.
And out in 2 weeks.
To a balcony and Central Park backyard.
And a smiling little baby boy.

And then I turned 23.

2 comments:

Dani Thomas said...

Sam, you have seen and done so much in your life, and you are only 23. You are someone I know who will take advantage of the most of any moment life has to offer, and that is incredible, considering how much more living you have ahead of you. Happy birthday, and may this year bless you as much as the last. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Dani. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates