Friday, May 18, 2012

Wild Horses.


Whoever is writing the story of my life,
you're doing a beautiful job.
I can see it when I close my eyes.
Frozen frames in a slideshow.

I see them;

Open up the sunroof, let the rain fall in.
Sobbing on an airport floor in Dublin.
Because I just can't imagine leaving you this way.
Sloppy barbecue on a paper placemat. 
After an birthday afternoon on a sunny spring bank.
You and me, on my roof, looking at the sky,
and then looking at each other.
Head on head, earphones split, so we can hear
the same music as we roll through the hills.
Pouring rain, kissing on a playground.
Telling you the reason I had fallen in love,
was because I see you and you're kind.
Your head in my neck, 
because I simply like you carrying you places.
And so I carry you everywhere.
I carry you everywhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haiku (circa 1999/2000)(written in Varanasi, India)

Everywhere I go
there I am. Everywhere I am
there You are

Namaste
Scott

Unknown said...

I think this is my favorite poem. It reminds me of all my favorite things.

Anonymous said...

I really like this poem Sam
PVH

Unknown said...

:) Thanks Penny.

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates