Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Violet


I can only smoke a cigarette when it's on a porch,
talking to you about love and life.
And all the adventures we know
and have yet to find.
And all the far away places I want to see
through your eyes and smile.
And funny little crumpled nose.

I understand pieces of the way you see me
through this strange, broken mirror that
reflects only the best parts.
And pieces them together
in a way that's more beautiful than it was before.

And it makes me greater than I am.
Because you see me greater than I am.
You say I make your life better.
But my life since you,
has never been mine.

We're too young for forever lovers.
We tell each other that over and over
and one more time;
When our hearts are aching and soaked
in one day futures.
Over boys who are not yet men.

But we're the perfect age for soul mates.
I know this because:
The trees are more beautiful;
and the birds sing more clearly.
And hear music from the roads,
we've driven on so many times.
Coming home.

You always come to me;
when I ache for something
I do not know I need.
And take me home.
The only one,
I ever came home for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates