Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Missing.



There's so much time to write and think here. I run around the beach, pool and carry the baby around Tel Aviv and don't have a chance to actually think about anything but whether he's sticking something in his mouth or nose...but he must nap. And rest, and all these little things, and then I'm here...thinking. It's so obvious to me how uncomfortable I am with missing things. I think I hate it. Until recently I've never missed anything. I remember being in Austin for months and not even thinking of home. I remember Ireland, I remember looking out my window and being so peaceful with where I was. In June everyone packed and bought their plane tickets with these huge smiling faces so ready to go back home. I remembering backpacking through Europe and listening to everyone talk about these people they missed so badly that their hearts ached. I never felt that way. I never ached. I never wanted to go home. BUT NOW, I feel this thing called home. I see my friends in the summer, and my parents in the sun. Facebook is like kryptonite. It's weird.

I really don't like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've thought much about this, Sam . . . how I never "miss" people or places . . . I came to a conclusion that works for me: If I am Present, if I am living in the Now, that/those things take all my energy . . . otherwise, I am neither Here nor There . . . but in Limbo . . . Safe travels :)
Scott

Unknown said...

Thank you fellow traveler :)

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates