Sunday, September 30, 2012

Banana Cake


Fiji has been so much of books and yoga and curry. (And banana cake.) Remember that book, Eat, Pray, Love? Well this was Yoga, Love, EAT. I don't even know how else to describe our time here and I don't think I'll be able to until we're gone. Retrospect is 20/20? It's 4:30 am on a Monday and we leave in about 29 hours. I can't say I'm sorry because Australia is screaming in my ears. I remember sitting on my bed in Manhattan with my sister deciding we should take a two month detour on our way to Sydney and now I can't believe it's coming to an end. But look at what we found out; we discovered things we loved in every stop, from fruit trees to families, to boys and beaches. And now Oahu lingers in our mind and we made a plan to get back there for the winter. But we'll see, it's funny waking up with a new plan every day. It's that search for stability and security that never ends up providing much of either besides temporary relief from your own brain. I'm trying to find some comfort in the chaos. Leave tomorrow up to tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates