Saturday, September 8, 2012

Walk out of the Cave.


There's a dead spider outside my window. I think he would kill me if you got the chance. Isn't that what you said? They would kill me if they got the chance. I can't think of anything that could want to kill you. You're so funny. Thanks for letting us stay here, I know you knew what you gave us on that morning. When we walked out on the balcony with coffee black and cigarettes white and that god damn ocean staring back at us reminding that we are never and we are always all alone. Standing on the top of the world or the darkest corner of my father's house. Out in the middle of the water. I'm so far away from you, but here you live in my head. In my dreams. You all haunt my dreams. Less like dwelling and more like dancing in my head behind my eyes. And I fucking miss you so bad it hurts my stomach. I knew I'd walk these steps with a goddamn aching in my god damned heart. But I can feel that bird that lives in my chest (even more now) and it laughs at all the caged animals along the way, singing to those flying above her farther up. To the top of the canyon.

One day we will walk out of the cave.

She thinks it's a great idea that I want to teach children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates