Sunday, September 30, 2012

Facebook Chat with Mom



  • 13 minutes ago
    Samantha Lee Vetrano
    • i was just talking to calvin
    • and i was telling him i think a person's the only thing that could keep me in one place
    • and he was like...i think there should be another reason. i really liked that

  • 12 minutes ago
    Annette Hebler Vetrano
    • Calvin is right


  • 12 minutes ago
    Samantha Lee Vetrano

    • yeah he is

  • 12 minutes ago
    Annette Hebler Vetrano
    • but a person can help
    • or be part of the reason

  • 11 minutes ago
    Samantha Lee Vetrano
    • yeah that's true too
    • it was weird i think those guys honestly and genuinely like us. but you know what? i don't think they wanted to. i think they want to just do their solo thing now
    • it's weird they're not 22. and i can't imagine not wanting to fall in love
    • i guess you grow out of that innocence. or maybe it's a chick thing

  • 9 minutes ago
    Annette Hebler Vetrano
    • a little of both i think

  • 8 minutes ago
    Samantha Lee Vetrano
    • i think so too
    • that's weird. seems like one of the adventures of life

  • 7 minutes ago
    Annette Hebler Vetrano
    • again...balance

  • 3 minutes ago
    Annette Hebler Vetrano
    • you know...i learned something this summer.
      love is weird.
      we have a preordained idea of what it should be any thats what gets us in trouble.
      try not to put it in a box...it takes many forms and many levels

  • 3 minutes ago
    Samantha Lee Vetrano
    • i think that's really good advice
    • kind of like that heartbreak thing. it's easy to look back and be pissed because he couldn't do it "right" but it was still love. 
    • it's just the best people can do. a reflection of themselves

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dialog . . . you're Mom's a great sounding board . . . wise . . . I'm in a similar spot myself. Doing the best I can do, though it's not good enough/not right enough for someone else. In my own situation, the woman involved very much has An Idea of what Love is in mind . . . and you know, I do too, BUT (big but) the face I see is Mr. Potato Head . . . can move a (metaphorical) nose here . . . eye there . . . turn the mouth upside down if I want . . . her idea of Love is in stone, and, based on nothing experiential . . . Mom's right - the face of love may be nothing like what we imagine (sounds a lot like Life, huh?:) . . . and, referring to your earlier post today, we must be Aware . . . Always. EAt a papaya for me :) Scott

Anonymous said...

P.S. In my own humble opinion, while a person "can" be a part of staying, to make them a primary reason (especially if it causes you to be someone you're not)(as in you having itchy feet, and them using some kind of cream that takes the itch away;) . . . My own personal approach is that I Live My Life. If I am to have someone in it, I will meet them - most likely on the same Edge of the World (metaphorically or real) that I am. And if I am not to meet someone, there's plenty to do :)

Years, and years ago a friend asked me (at an age when I really THOUGHT I had no idea) "What are you here for?" Without hesitation, I said "To touch people." Many years after that a spiritualist asked me the same question, I gave the same answer . . . she imagined that "touch" was physical (the first definition in the dictionary) while I (as I often do) looked down to definition five or eight . . . my "touch" was more emotional than physical . . . though I haven't ruled out the physical as part of my life, I am Here to touch . . . and continue to do so in the best way I can :) . . . Walk on . . . Scott

Post a Comment

 

samanthalv © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates